– The AC has been fixed, and the mouse has been caught. I’m not sure which one makes me happier, but it’s safe to say that I was super excited about both.
– The girls had the best week ever, thanks to our hot, hot house. Not only did they get to sleep in the playroom every night (where an AC window unit kept them cool), but to avoid the heat in the early evening and to avoid heating up the kitchen even more with cooking, we made sure to go out somewhere, anywhere, where we could eat and hang around for a couple of hours. The bowling alley, the county fair, assorted fast food places — it was a real treat!
– Our next half marathon is just a little under two weeks away. I’m not as nervous as I was for the first one, but there are still twelve days left to get all anxious about it. Which I’m sure I will.
– Wes, Emma, and I made a trip to the library on Friday. I left Wes in charge of helping Emma pick out some books while I went and looked for my own. When I met up with them, they had a stack of TEN books. At this rate, Emma will go through our library’s selection in just a couple of months. (At which point she will likely just start all over again.)
– We’re in those last few days of the month when the cupboards are nearly bare, and we get to eat those random things that are still left. For us, this means eating the healthy things that we bought at the beginning of the month but have never felt like eating until now, when we have no choice. Ha!
And that’s about it. Hope your week is off to a great start!